Article

[DAY 117] A rest day

As forecasted the wind had picked up, overnight they increased to over 40 knots. This morning we still had a rough sea with high wind, these were no conditions to launch the dinghy. It would be a no swim day for me. I would have to wait another day before reaching the 1,000 miles marker.

I tried to spend the day to rest, I had a difficult time to sleep the night before but the rocking of the boat and slamming of the waves against it made it almost impossible.

Before going to bed at night the winds were gusting at 30 knots, I wasn’t sure if I could swim the next day.

Ben

Recommended articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Get in touch with the team! We'd love to hear from you; Whether you have a question, want to schedule an interview, or become involved in the project.

We are proud to have the support of our strategic partner

Exploration Institute

Sign up to our newsletter