Well, today wasn’t the return to swimming I had hoped for. Overnight the wind dropped and even using the engine this morning was not enough to cover the 50 miles that separated us from our destination.
I used this extra day to make some modifications on my fins. The foot packets on some of them were a little too tight. I used a heat gun to soften the rubber and stretch it to the desired shape. For one of them I applied too much heat and pulled too much on it and the rubber gave up. It was not the first time that this had happened to me, like the other times, I used some duck tape to hold the foot pocket together. In the past, this type of repair had last awhile and I am confident it would this time as well…I will test it tomorrow.